Clean & Prosperous America
Communications Manager Position
About Clean & Prosperous America
Clean and Prosperous America (CaPA) believes that a future with a healthy climate and a healthy economy are not mutually exclusive. With the right leadership at local and national levels, we believe it’s possible to achieve net-zero carbon emissions while building a healthy and sustainable economy. Historically, CaPA’s grant program has focused on turning out young and BIPOC voters in rural and suburban areas who face barriers to voting. This program is now being led with support from CaPA and Movement Voter Project by Rural Democracy Initiative’s Rural Youth Voter Fund. CaPA now awards grants through our new Strategic Grassroots Empowerment Fund, which is committed to helping off-the-radar community-based groups receive funding and assisting late-moving electoral investments to reach grassroots organizations with underutilized capacity that are directly engaging voters in the most competitive electoral geographies. CaPA expects to partner with dozens of organizations in 2024 to ensure that voters from historically underrepresented communities can cast votes and support candidates who will prioritize issues that make their lives better and enable a just transition to clean energy.
About the Position
We are looking for an enthusiastic, reliable and detail-oriented team member to support CaPA’s programs by increasing our capacity to create and distribute communications materials. The primary responsibility of this position is to develop and finalize written and graphical communications for CaPA’s donors and grantees. However, the ideal candidate for this position will be willing and able to be trained to take on many other responsibilities including: completing administrative tasks, conducting research, evaluating grant proposals, GIS mapping, video editing, and managing other activities that support CaPA’s programs. This is a great opportunity for somebody who is interested in learning a wide variety of new skills while putting their excellent writing capabilities to work at a mission-oriented grantmaking organization.
As CaPA is a small and nimble organization, the right candidate for this role will be flexible and open to working on a variety of projects. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Develop and finalize written communications materials, including but not limited to website copy, newsletters, donor reports, 2-pagers, presentations, and grant program summaries.
- Help to shape and implement internal and external communications strategies and projects.
- Review and compile video content from CaPA’s grantees.
- Research, identify, and compile information about organizations in key geographic areas that align with specific grant-making criteria.
- Organize and file communication materials and grant reports.
- Provide resources to partners and grantees, especially those that relate to narrative-building, effective messaging, and digital tools.
- Map out competitive regions with GIS mapping software (training will be provided).
- Serve on grant review committees and evaluate grant proposals.
- Offer administrative support as needed, including (but not limited to) scheduling meetings, taking notes, updating contact information, etc.
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills with the ability to multitask.
- Excellent written communication skills; being able to draft high-quality written content is a must for this position.
- Positive, “can do” attitude and willingness to jump into projects and learn as needs arise.
- Familiarity and proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Workspace.
- Professional demeanor and ability to connect with people with different backgrounds.
- Preference for candidates with experience managing websites, social media accounts, and other digital platforms.
- Preference for candidates that have experience communicating with historically marginalized communities.
Work Hours & Benefits
This position is perfect for somebody who is eager to grow their skills with active support and training from existing CaPA team members. No level of experience is required and there is a great deal of flexibility around working hours. Hourly compensation as a contractor is expected initially, but there is the potential for transitioning to a salary compensated contractor. Due to the non-employee contractor arrangement, this position does not offer benefits; however, a monthly stipend for health insurance will be offered.
Those with little or no work experience will be considered with an anticipated starting pay of $25/hr, with a potential increase to $35/hr over the first year if the hired individual proves capable of managing a wide variety of assigned projects.
Hours are flexible from either part-time (20hrs/week) to full-time (40hrs/week).
Work is 100% remote with no expected travel, but the candidate does need reliable high-speed internet.
Please apply via this Google form with initial review of applicants November 1st.
In your cover letter, please share what areas you hope to gain experience in and what you feel you would contribute to CaPA.
Clean & Prosperous America is dedicated to improving our organization by better reflecting the communities we serve and fund. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace environment that welcomes people of all backgrounds and identities. We especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including people of color, Indigenous people, LGBTQ people, people with disabilities, and immigrants. Clean & Prosperous America is an equal opportunity employer.
Sign up for updates
By providing your phone number, you agree to receive text messages from Clean & Prosperous America. Message and data rates may apply.